MOSCA Software Startup/Shutdown Procedure
Valid from: April 1. 2019
- Go to the computer called lisa.
- Click on the line
'selena.not.iac.es Willing to manage'
- Click on Accept.
- Log in with username obs. Password will be supplied
by the staff.
- In a terminal window type startobssys mosca.
In case of problems with fasu-control look
- Type the TCS access code.
- Wait until the Talker displays the text
"MOSCA Sequencer READY TO USE" or the UT is incrementing
on the top right of the "CCD status" window.
The lisa-screen should look like this .
- Images are stored in the directory /data/mosca.
- To start a new talker window:
In a terminal window type seqterm.
- To start the MOSCA electronic observation log:
In a terminal window type cd /data/mosca/ and then obslog-mosca MOnnmm\*,
where "nnmm" is the image prefix of the night.
- In a terminal window, type shutdownobssys mosca.
Confirm with 'y'.
Wait until all windows has disappeared.
- To exit the MOSCA Obs Log, click on the close icon in the frame of
the MOSCA Obs Log window.
The computer florence is used for image analysis using IRAF/MSCRED. On
florence, images made by MOSCA is found in the directory
/data/mosca. Be advised that this directory is
Updated by Jacob Clasen.