Next: Down Time
Up: AiC Report to NOT
key: I = international staff, L = local staff.
Note: Ana Garcia Perez is based in Sweden.
- Tim Abbott took over as AiC, effective 1 Oct. 2000, having acted as AiC
from July 2000.
- Claudio Moreno resigned his contract and departed NOT & La Palma
end of December 2000.
- NOT Council has approved the hiring of a Support Astronomer in
addition to the previous levels. A successful job search has ended in
the acceptance of offers by John Telting (ING, to arrive 1 June 2001)
and Tapio Pursimo (Tuorla, to arrive 1 Sept 2001).
- A search for a new system manager & software specialist has
closed and candidate selection is under way.
- Rami Rekola will return to the NOT from 1 October to 31st Dec 2001
for an additional period as a student support astronomer.
- Swedish undergraduate students Bjarne Andersson and Anders Magnusson
will visit NOT for a 2 month period (from mid March) to work on the
fast serial link for CCD controllers and the mirror vibration damping system.
- Roy Østensen joined NOT at the beginning of February for a 1 year
term as software specialist.
- Thomas Dall's term as NOT student ends at the end of March.
Tim Abbott, AiC
Wed Mar 21 12:56:05 GMT 2001